Dance students participating in the recital should follow these guidelines for hair. Hair should be done for all dress rehearsals and performances.
• Hair must be parted straight down the middle, then slicked back into a low bun
• Absolutely no whispies/fly-aways, and no bangs
• Hair is best done when wet.
• Use generous amounts of hairspray and bobby pins/hairpins
• Pre-Ballet, KinderCombo & Blend Class students should have hair off of the face, in a bun if possible.
Please see the Gala Handbook for special exceptions regarding hair for the Gala.
Dance students should use the video tutorial to apply their performance makeup for recitals (see below for Company makeup). Students should use the following items:
• eyeshadow (see colors below for smokey eye)
• pink blush
• red lipstick
• black mascara
Optional items to amplify the look:
• fake eyelashes
• black eyeliner
Pre-Ballet, KinderCombo & Blend Class students should wear brown eyeshadow, pink blush, and pink lipstick. Boys are not required to wear makeup, but a little blush or bronzer may help to get rid of ghostly faces on stage.
All Company Students are required to purchase a makeup kit through Yofi Cosmetics. Students who have a previous makeup kit may purchase a basic kit if they need to replenish supplies or update their colors. See the Company Handbook for more makeup details.